Translate

Monday 6 August 2012

CHRISTMAS PARTYING IN JULY

Morning everyone

I have a card to share today but oh dear it was dreadful to photograph.  I have done my best but it looks so much different and better in real life.  

I was inspired to try something different, I am sure it will have been done before but this card sort of 'happened' if you know what I mean.  I wanted to do something different, a different shape, and started off playing and it actually worked as I had hoped.  I wonder what you think and do hope you can get the gest of it from the poor photos.  I liked it so much you will see some more of these coming shortly!

Basically I took a six inch square card blank (well I cut my own this time actually).  Then I cut a piece of card 8 inch by 6inch and scored an inch from each edge of the larger measurment.  This was then adhered to the card blank, and decorated from there.  It will not fit in an envelope of course, so needs either a box or envelope-box. 


Die-cuts  Memory Box and Magnolia
Punch:  Martha Steward Borde
LOTV stamp.  Image coloured with Copics and Promarkers 
Ribbon and papers from stash (sorry I cannot remember the name of them)
Doiley and Cheesecloth from EBay
Flowers from Wild Orchid Crafts
Machine Stitched

and


I would like to enter this into the following Challenges:
Lili's Little Fairies Challenge - Christmas in July 
Hooked on Crafts Challenge - Lets Celebrate 
Joanna Sheen Challenge - Try Something New 
Winter Wonderland Challenge - Ribbon and Lace 
Charisma Cardz Challenge - Pink plus 1 (White) (Entry2) 

Well I am off for a coffee now so I will wish you all a really lovely day doing just what makes you happy.  Thank you so much for looking, I love your comments and really appreciate every one.


Judy x
 




21 comments:

  1. Hi Judy, great and gorgeous looking card, and I like the model, different and the pics are fine, don't worrie!

    hugs Amanda xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous Judy, love the fab image and colours.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally gorgeous Judy, I love the colors and layout and such a super adorable image--all your details are fabulous, great job
    Deb
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is stunning Judy, I love the soft pastel colours, pretty image and attention to detail, it is so girly and delicate.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooooooo all sugar pink...delicious card and a darling image love it lots well its my fav colour have i ever told you that before lol!!!!!!!!!! hopes your ok mrs judy love sassyxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fine and delicate work.Original card of Christmas. Bravo ! It's successful !

    Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz this week.

    Hugs from France.
    Catherine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A fantastic card hun! Thanks for playing along at Joanna Sheen! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness, this is so soft and sweet! I love everything you included! The image is adorable, too! Wow! Thank you so much for joining our challenge at Hooked on Craft!

    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful use of the ribbon and lace and a gorgeous creation and just perfect for our challenge at the Winter Wonderland this week
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a sweet card, Judy. Love the soft colours you used, looks so great to this adorable image.
    Hugs, Karina

    ReplyDelete
  11. so beautiful judy.i love the delicate pink and white and gorgeous image ;D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the image she is beautiful. Love the colours too, so pretty for a christmas card. Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. A stunning card Judy. I love the great design, that is one of my favourite Xmas images and of course it is pink.

    Hugs Sarahxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a wonderful card! I love the softness of it. You have included so many fun elements - each one making the card a perfect piece of love! Thank you for joining us at Hooked on Craft Challenges!

    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous card, so pretty and delicate. Thank you for joining us at Winter Wonderland this week.

    Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Judy this is totally gorgeous. Love the pretty pink you have used to make a stunning christmas card. Its beautiful
    Eileen x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Pretty in pink,this is so sweet,the photo looks good to me.:)Jacqueline.s

    ReplyDelete
  18. Simply stunning! One of my fav. LOTV images. Really pretty colour.
    Thanks for playing along with us at Charisma this week.
    Good luck.
    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful card, so sweet and feminine. Thanks for playing at Charisma this week.
    Carissa

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Judy,
    Such a beautiful card, thank you for linking up to Joanna Sheen Something New challenge.
    Teresa x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Judy congrats on your Top 3 win on Winter Wonderland. xx

    ReplyDelete